MHSNews | Inside The Seams Ep. 3: Katelyn Morgenthaler
Lani Hines and Lydia LangeApril 10, 2024

From picking up a lacrosse stick for the first time her freshman year to committing as a D2 athlete her junior year, Katelyn Morgenthaler shares...

MHSNews | Excess Heat Affects Track Season
Stephan Bosnjak, Staff Reporter • April 4, 2024

The weather outside is starting to heat up already, and it is just the start of the track season. MHSNews spoke with Evan Voelker, Brady Lingafelter,...

Aaron Akin, junior, pitches against Northwest on Friday, March 29. Akin threw a no-hitter, a game in which the pitcher does not give up a single hit. (Media By Jennifer Akin)
Junior Throws Fourth No-Hitter in MHS History
Annabelle Miller and Justin SmallApril 3, 2024

Cheered on by excited spectators and parents, Aaron Akin, junior, threw the first no-hitter in a decade, and the fourth at MHS, at the varsity...

In addition to placing first in her division at the state archery competition, senior Sydney Sonn’s score of 514 set a new state record for the highest score in her USA Archery Junior Olympic Archery Development age division, females ages 18-21, for this indoor state competition.
Senior Takes First at State Archery Championship, Breaks Record
Kate Jesperson, Page Designer • April 3, 2024

Sydney Sonn, senior, inhales and exhales, releasing her final arrow. It whistles past her cheek and onto the target, earning the final points...

MHSNews | Girls Basketball Takes Home District Title
Lani Hines, Staff Reporter • April 2, 2024

Girls basketball took home the District Champion title after defeating Eureka in the District Championship game. With the final score of 51-47,...

Girls Basketball Claims District Title

• Varsity poses with their new district plaque on Monday, March 4 after defeating Eureka in the Class 6 District 2 Finals. The victory marked their first since 2021.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • The varsity squad huddles around Bowdern during a timeout with just minutes remaining in the 4th period. A play is designed as the starters catch their breath.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • Macie McNece, junior, sinks a critical free throw in the final minute of regulation, pushing the MHS lead to two possessions. McNece went 6 for 8 at the free throw line.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • Maryann Kenyon, freshman, dives for a loose ball in the second half of the Class 6 District 2 Finals on Monday, March 4. Kenyon recorded 11 points and 7 rebounds.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • Trinity Gygi, senior, drives to the basket against Eureka defenders. This is Gygi’s second year being a part of a district-winning team.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • A foul call warranted a reaction from the MHS bench in the 4th period of the District Title game.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • Head coach Timothy Bowdern directs an offensive play during the second half as the MHS lead extends to double digits. This marks Bowdern’s third District Title victory as head coach.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • Maryann Kenyon, freshman, guards a Eureka inbound pass. Kenyon stands as one the tallest on the MHS varsity squad.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • MHS varsity girls basketball celebrates their victory and the District Title together on the court moments after the final buzzer. Sydney Bode, junior, goes for a high five. Bode led the team in scoring, recorded 16 points and 8 rebounds.

Media by Hailey Neuner
  • MHS cheerleaders storm the court to congratulate their district champions. The cheer squad hoists Blakely Basta into the air in celebration.

Media by Hailey Neuner