Lauren Steidtmann, sophomore, is an only child but thinks  birth order influences how children grow up. “I think that birth order definitely changes the expectations that parents put on you and how you’re expected to perform, both in school and in other responsibilities,” Steidtmann said.
What Does Birth Order Say About You?
Samantha Perz, Staff Reporter • May 23, 2024

As an only child, Lauren Steidtmann, sophomore, grew up around adults instead of kids. “I always talked to adults, so I was always really...

Luis Miranda Hernandez, freshman, works on an assignment in his Spanish 2 class. Miranda Hernandez speaks Spanish at home and plans to take Heritage Spanish next year.
Heritage Spanish Classes to be Added Next Year
Luke Graves, Business Manager • May 22, 2024

Next year, Spanish Heritage classes will be offered for the first time. The classes will have two levels and will involve students who grew up...

Equine Assisted Therapy involves the use of horses to develop cognitive skills, empathy, and teamwork to name a few. Equine therapy is suitable for all demographics.
Equine Therapy Offers Alternative to Traditional Therapy
Tessa Autery, Staff Reporter • May 22, 2024

Cassidy Kerber, freshman, has lived at a barn for her entire life. She spends her days in the stables riding, walking and grazing horses. “Whenever...

Cristal Strate, FBLA sponsor, announces the club members who will be going to nationals for the Prepared Project competition. Freshmen Miridul Soupramanien, Harshith Akurati and Vibhav Chinta competed in the Intros to Programming project.
FBLA Students Go to Nationals
Justin Small, In-Depth Editor • May 10, 2024

Several students in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) will travel to Nationals in Orlando, Florida, on Friday, June 28, as part of the...

FBLA Students Go to Nationals

Media by Justin Small

Several students in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) will travel to Nationals in Orlando, Florida, on Friday, June 28, as part of the club’s Prepared Project competition.

Competing is one of the central aspects of FBLA, Crystal Strate, FBLA sponsor, said.

“We compete at the district, state and national level,” Strate said. “There are over 70 different business topic events that students can choose to compete in.”

Students choose their events at the district level and compete to qualify for State and onward. The format of these events range from tests to presentations to projects.

Strate said the projects, depending on their focus, can help students use and develop their skills. 

Miridul Soupramanien, freshman, did the Intro to Programming project alongside freshmen Harshith Akurati and Vibhav Chintah. His group placed first in the State level after presenting their idea of adding a GPA calculator to Infinite Campus.

“If we go online right now, there is no GPA calculator for us,” Soupramanien said. “Creating one would not only benefit us three but also the school.”  

You get to test your ideas and create projects you never thought you could create.

— Miridul Soupramanien

Soupramanien said he enjoys being a member of FBLA and participating in the competitions.

“You get to meet new people,” Soupramanien said. “You get to test your ideas and create projects you never thought you could create.”

Soupramanien said his teammates, Akurati and Chintah, also enjoyed creating the project.

Akurati said he is excited that his group will be going to Nationals. He also enjoys the business skills he learns by being a member of the club.

“I know a lot of people in it and I really like the adviser too,” Akurati said. “She gives really great advice and overall it’s a good environment.” 

Akurati said he is looking forward to doing the prepared project event again next year.