A&E
MHSNews | MHSNews Gaming Ep. 10: Androids and Angels
Myles Edgington and Elliott JorgensenApril 20, 2024

On this episode of MHSNews Gaming, we dive into what components make an enjoyable and memorable experience within a video game. Nier Automata...

MHSNews | Taste Test Tuesday Compilation 23-24
MHSNews StaffApril 19, 2024

Jason Winter, choir director, gives the Center Stage show choir students notes over their performance in preparation for tonights final show.
Show Choir to Perform Final Performance of the Year Tonight
Kaylie Horstmann, Staff Reporter • April 19, 2024

Riddled with nerves, Emily Squires, freshman, steps on stage for her show choir performance. However, as the lights hit her, the nerves melt...

MHSNews | How To: Pan con Tomate
MHSNews | How To: Pan con Tomate
Sophia Dominicis and Nia DaileyApril 16, 2024

Social Media Editor Sophia Dominicis and Staff Reporter Nia Dailey, make Pan con Tomate. Pan con Tomate was created during a bumper harvest in...

MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters
MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • April 11, 2024

MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters. Shows are the 11th through the 14th.

Review: Rush Bowls Kirkwood

Media by Annabelle Miller
Rush Bowls has a variety of smoothie bowls to choose from including the Summit Bowl and the Dragon Bowl shown above.

A new Rush Bowls location will be coming to Ellisville this year, so I visited the Kirkwood location to understand the excitement. 

The Rush Bowls brand is centered around fast, healthy smoothie bowls. Their bowls combine fruits or vegetables with granola, honey and a variety of toppings. The menu offers several kids options and even a “Bow Wow Bowl” for dogs. A bowl costs $11.49, and a traditional smoothie costs $9.49. 

I ordered a Summit Bowl which is a blend of acai, strawberry and cherry with granola topped with honey and strawberries. The bowl took around five minutes to be made, and I ate in the trendy café area. The space was well-lit, and there was plenty of seating despite the small area. 

The inside of Rush Bowls is well lit with plenty of seating. My bowl came out with in five minutes, and it was fresh and sweet. (Media by Annabelle Miller)

The smoothie was finely blended so that it wasn’t chunky or liquidy. The crunchy granola complemented the smoothie’s consistency, and the result was a refreshing, light and healthy meal. The sweetness from the fruit and granola wasn’t overpowering, and the granola was slightly salty. I could mostly taste strawberries with hints of cherry, so the Summit Bowl is perfect for strawberry lovers. Although it may seem small, the bowl could be a full meal by itself or a post-workout snack. 

My only negative comment about Rush Bowls is the price. Including tax, the bowl was $12, which is pretty expensive for a smoothie. The fruit was fresh and the granola was high quality, so the price may be appropriate for the product. It is not, however, a meal I would buy often due to the price. 

Rush bowls are tasty and perfect for a hot St. Louis summer, so I’m excited for the Ellisville location to open. I can see myself inviting friends to pick up Rush Bowls before going to the pool or a baseball game. The location also will be a hit with the Crestview Middle schoolers who walk to the Ellisville shopping center on half days.