A&E
MHSNews | Making Art at the Manchester Makers Mart
Myles Edgington, Co-Online Publisher • April 26, 2024

At Schroeder Park, the Manchester Parks, Recreation, and Arts Department hosted the Manchester Makers Mart to celebrate Earth Day. The event...

The Tortured Poets Department was released in 4 additional vinyl variants, including The Manuscript, The Bolter, The Albatross (pictured) and The Black Dog.
Review: The Tortured Poets Department
Zoey SroteApril 26, 2024

Since its announcement at The Grammy Awards in February, “The Tortured Poets Department” (TTPD) by Taylor Swift has been highly anticipated....

MHSNews | Geeking Out with First Friday
MHSNews | Geeking Out with First Friday
Gabe Conaway, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

Every month, the St Louis Science Center hosts First Friday. The First Friday held on March 1st was centered around anime. The event features...

Finding the Flame: Final Fantasy XVI Review
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • April 22, 2024

Final Fantasy XVI Main Game Final Fantasy XVI (FFXVI) is a groundbreaking action Role Playing Game (RPG) developed by Creative Business 3 (CBU3)...

MHSNews | MHSNews Gaming Ep. 10: Androids and Angels
Myles Edgington and Elliott JorgensenApril 20, 2024

On this episode of MHSNews Gaming, we dive into what components make an enjoyable and memorable experience within a video game. Nier Automata...

Review: Rush Bowls Kirkwood

Media by Annabelle Miller
Rush Bowls has a variety of smoothie bowls to choose from including the Summit Bowl and the Dragon Bowl shown above.

A new Rush Bowls location will be coming to Ellisville this year, so I visited the Kirkwood location to understand the excitement. 

The Rush Bowls brand is centered around fast, healthy smoothie bowls. Their bowls combine fruits or vegetables with granola, honey and a variety of toppings. The menu offers several kids options and even a “Bow Wow Bowl” for dogs. A bowl costs $11.49, and a traditional smoothie costs $9.49. 

I ordered a Summit Bowl which is a blend of acai, strawberry and cherry with granola topped with honey and strawberries. The bowl took around five minutes to be made, and I ate in the trendy café area. The space was well-lit, and there was plenty of seating despite the small area. 

The inside of Rush Bowls is well lit with plenty of seating. My bowl came out with in five minutes, and it was fresh and sweet. (Media by Annabelle Miller)

The smoothie was finely blended so that it wasn’t chunky or liquidy. The crunchy granola complemented the smoothie’s consistency, and the result was a refreshing, light and healthy meal. The sweetness from the fruit and granola wasn’t overpowering, and the granola was slightly salty. I could mostly taste strawberries with hints of cherry, so the Summit Bowl is perfect for strawberry lovers. Although it may seem small, the bowl could be a full meal by itself or a post-workout snack. 

My only negative comment about Rush Bowls is the price. Including tax, the bowl was $12, which is pretty expensive for a smoothie. The fruit was fresh and the granola was high quality, so the price may be appropriate for the product. It is not, however, a meal I would buy often due to the price. 

Rush bowls are tasty and perfect for a hot St. Louis summer, so I’m excited for the Ellisville location to open. I can see myself inviting friends to pick up Rush Bowls before going to the pool or a baseball game. The location also will be a hit with the Crestview Middle schoolers who walk to the Ellisville shopping center on half days.