A&E
MHSNews | Silver Dollar City Walking Tour
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • April 28, 2024

No commentary Walking tour of Silver Dollar City, located in Branson Missouri. Featuring the new Fire In The Hole attraction plaza along with...

MHSNews | Making Art at the Manchester Makers Mart
Myles Edgington, Co-Online Publisher • April 26, 2024

At Schroeder Park, the Manchester Parks, Recreation, and Arts Department hosted the Manchester Makers Mart to celebrate Earth Day. The event...

The Tortured Poets Department was released in 4 additional vinyl variants, including The Manuscript, The Bolter, The Albatross (pictured) and The Black Dog.
Review: The Tortured Poets Department
Zoey SroteApril 26, 2024

Since its announcement at The Grammy Awards in February, “The Tortured Poets Department” (TTPD) by Taylor Swift has been highly anticipated....

MHSNews | Geeking Out with First Friday
MHSNews | Geeking Out with First Friday
Gabe Conaway, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

Every month, the St Louis Science Center hosts First Friday. The First Friday held on March 1st was centered around anime. The event features...

Finding the Flame: Final Fantasy XVI Review
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • April 22, 2024

Final Fantasy XVI Main Game Final Fantasy XVI (FFXVI) is a groundbreaking action Role Playing Game (RPG) developed by Creative Business 3 (CBU3)...

Marquette Theater Company Takes Their Show on the Road

Marquette Theater Company (MTC) performed their fall play “The Glass Managerie” at the International Thespian Society (ITS) Conference at the beginning of January.

In October MTC performed “The Glass Menagerie” for audiences of only 40 at a time. Among the small audiences were judges who saw potential to put the show in front of a much larger stage. The play was chosen as one of the three plays being performed at conference in Jefferson City. In theater, this process is called adjudication.

“This is a big honor for all of the MTC, especially the people in the ITS.”

— Kara Miller

Kara Miller, senior, played Laura Wingfield and was shocked to find out she was performing for such a large audience.

“They told me the play was adjudicated and I didn’t know what it meant at the time,” Miller said. “Then they were like, can you perform in front of 2,000 people? I said, ‘What?’ That’s a lot more than 20.”

With shock also came a great deal of excitement for all of the MTC Members. This is the first time the MTC has performed at the conference under the current director, Rebecca Blindauer.

“This is a big honor for all of the MTC, especially the people in the ITS,” Miller said

Drew Mathers, junior, who played Jim O’Connor, said the MTC members all worked  hard on the play and bringing the story to life. 

Stephan Bosnjak, junior, and Kara Miller, senior, perform “The Glass Managerie” to a intimate audience in October at MHS. (Media by Elliott Jorgensen)

“It was really cool to see the judges appreciated it, and now we get to share it with even more people,” Mathers said. 

Blindauer was just as excited to share the performance. 

“I’m so unbelievably proud of the hard work they have put in,” Blindauer said.

Blindauer also said staging the play in front of their largest audience yet will inspire and challenge her students, allowing them to improve as actors.

“I really think just having that experience of getting to perform for that many students will be huge for them,” Blindauer said. 

This semester MTC will present the spring play “She Kills Monsters” by Qui Nguyen.