A&E
MHSNews | MHSNews Gaming Ep. 10: Androids and Angels
Myles Edgington and Elliott JorgensenApril 20, 2024

On this episode of MHSNews Gaming, we dive into what components make an enjoyable and memorable experience within a video game. Nier Automata...

MHSNews | Taste Test Tuesday Compilation 23-24
MHSNews StaffApril 19, 2024

Jason Winter, choir director, gives the Center Stage show choir students notes over their performance in preparation for tonights final show.
Show Choir to Perform Final Performance of the Year Tonight
Kaylie Horstmann, Staff Reporter • April 19, 2024

Riddled with nerves, Emily Squires, freshman, steps on stage for her show choir performance. However, as the lights hit her, the nerves melt...

MHSNews | How To: Pan con Tomate
MHSNews | How To: Pan con Tomate
Sophia Dominicis and Nia DaileyApril 16, 2024

Social Media Editor Sophia Dominicis and Staff Reporter Nia Dailey, make Pan con Tomate. Pan con Tomate was created during a bumper harvest in...

MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters
MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • April 11, 2024

MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters. Shows are the 11th through the 14th.

MTC Adds New Show: ‘Footloose’

The musical for the 23-24 school year is Footloose. Shows start on Dec. 7 and end on Dec. 10.

Marquette Theater Company’s production of “Footloose,” based on the 1984 movie of the same title, will debut Thursday, Dec. 7, and run through Sunday, Dec. 10.

“Footloose” is about a young man named Ren McCormack who moves to a small conservative town where dancing has been outlawed due to a past tragedy. The story follows Ren as he attempts to convince the town to move on.

This year we’ve got a record number of boys that are in it as well,

— Rebecca Blindauer

Rebecca Blindauer, director, said planning for the production began last spring, with auditions starting the third week of school and rehearsals taking place the first week of October.

This production saw many new students who have not participated in previous shows, Blindauer said.

“This year we’ve got a record number of boys that are in it as well,” Blindauer said.

Blindauer said “Footloose” was chosen as this year’s production because the name is well-recognized among students familiar with the film.

Senior Savannah Mouser, head of costumes, has been involved in school theater since sixth grade, with “Footloose” being her last production.

“It’s really bittersweet,” Mouser said. 

Elliott Jorgensen

Mouser, who has in the past been a technical director, student director and video editor, said her favorite part of being involved in these theater productions is “seeing it all come together.”

“It makes me really happy to be like ‘Oh, that’s my stuff out there’,” she said. “Like ‘I just did that.’”

Carl Taraporevala, junior, plays two characters, Cowboy Bob and Bickle, and said he’s really enjoyed the production so far.

We have less than a month left, so it’s getting close. But we’re super excited, we’re pushing through it and we’re so excited to present it to you.

— Carl Taraporevala

“It’s all really cool, it’s one of my favorite shows,” Taraporevala said. “The songs are amazing, a lot of them are familiar, which makes it even more fun for us, and then there’s some great dance numbers. It’s just a super fun show overall.”

Taraporevala, who has been in theater since middle school, also said he enjoys making new friends, having a good time with them and just rehearsing with them. 

“We have less than a month left, so it’s getting close,” Taraporevala said. “But we’re super excited, we’re pushing through it and we’re so excited to present it to you.”