Student Profile: Praveen Bagavandoss

Praveen Bagavandoss, junior, has a lot to say about his summer experience at Missouri Scholars Academy (MSA).

“I went to MSA this summer and it was great “ Bagavandoss said.

MSA is a three week program for gifted students that takes place in the summer. 330 incoming juniors are chosen to attend this program at Mizzou. It is a residential program based on the idea that students should be provided with learning opportunities.

The process to get in is difficult, first a teacher has to nominate the student, then the student has to take an I.Q. test, and then they have to write essays about themselves and other various topics.

Yet, Bagavandoss said that he really couldn’t describe MSA but he did say that he really loved it.

“I loved it, it was a really great experience” Bagavandoss said.

He said that he is still very close with the friends he made this summer.

“I still hangout with them all the time” Bagavandoss said.

As he recovers from his MSA experience he said that school has been keeping him extremely busy with his school work to all of his extra-ciricular activities.

“School has been pretty busy, I’m in Mock Trial, Speech and Debate, and Science Olympiad” Bagavandoss said.