No Shave November registration begins

Registration for No Shave November started Thursday, October 25th and will continue until November 9th.

Participants can sign up at lunch and pay a $7 registration fee. The first fifty to sign up will get free candy, and all proceeds from the fundraiser will go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

Karan Mathur, senior, is helping to run registration and said the event is also meant to spread awareness about prostate cancer.

“A lot more guys get prostate cancer than girls get breast cancer,” Mathur said, “but yet nobody is really aware of what’s going on with it, so it’s like a fun way to get the word out.”

Mathur said five people have registered so far and sixteen have pledged to sign up in the future. The goal is to get forty to fifty kids to participate.

“We’re hoping to get a lot more people the upcoming weeks,” Mathur said. “We’re trying to raise more than $200.”

Assistant Principal Dr. Dan Ramsey came in second place in the beard growing contest last year and said that he thinks people will get excited about the as it gets closer.

“It’s a lot of fun.” Dr. Ramsey said. “It’s a good cause, and it’s a fun contest. It lets me sleep 2½ minutes longer in the morning which is always good.”

$15
$625

Catie Lambert
Catie Lambert, Editor in Chief
Catie Lambert is the editor in chief of the newspaper this year. She has been on newspaper for three years and has really enjoyed the experience. At MHS, she plays on the golf team and participates in Spanish club, and outside of school she enjoys sports, travel and spending time with friends and family.
$15
$625