Students and staff make New Year’s resolutions

With every new year, comes new New Year’s resolutions. Ever since the ancient Babylonians made promises to their gods at the beginning of the year about paying debts and returning barrowed objects, people have made New Year’s resolutions.

Many resolutions made this year were to get fit. Sophomore Principal Dr. Jennifer Sebold had been trying to get fit since mid November. Her New Year’s resolution is to continue to stay fit.

Dr. Sebold has had many New Year’s resolutions through the years, but she’s only kept one. She used to bite her nails a few years ago. She made her New Year’s resolution to stop biting her nails.

“I still pick at them, but I don’t bite them anymore,” said Dr. Sebold. “I wanted to stop and I finally did.”

Sophomore Bri Betrus made a New Year’s resolution to travel to a new part of the world. Betrus’ family travels many times throughout the year.

This year her family has plans to go to a Caribbean island,Saint Lucia, Europe, andThailand. Those are three new locations that Betrus haven’t been too, so she is likely to achieve her resolution.

Sophomore Rachel Hass made a New Year’s Resolution that was close to her heart. Hass’ brother, Stephen Hass, who is a senior this year, is going into the marines. On June 10th, Stephen goes to boot camp inSan Diego.

“My New Year’s resolution is to become closer with my brother since he will be leaving soon,” said Rachel. “This is one New Year’s resolution I plan on keeping.”

$15
$625

Kayla Bachman
Kayla Bachman, Associate Editor
Kayla Bachman, senior, is the associate editor and has been on staff for a year and a half. She enjoys playing softball for her select team and for MHS varsity team. She spends her free time with her siblings and her puppy, Bentley. Kayla loves spending time with her friends and watching Netflix!
$15
$625