A&E
MHSNews | Making Art at the Manchester Makers Mart
Myles Edgington, Co-Online Publisher • April 26, 2024

At Schroeder Park, the Manchester Parks, Recreation, and Arts Department hosted the Manchester Makers Mart to celebrate Earth Day. The event...

The Tortured Poets Department was released in 4 additional vinyl variants, including The Manuscript, The Bolter, The Albatross (pictured) and The Black Dog.
Review: The Tortured Poets Department
Zoey SroteApril 26, 2024

Since its announcement at The Grammy Awards in February, “The Tortured Poets Department” (TTPD) by Taylor Swift has been highly anticipated....

MHSNews | Geeking Out with First Friday
MHSNews | Geeking Out with First Friday
Gabe Conaway, Staff Reporter • April 26, 2024

Every month, the St Louis Science Center hosts First Friday. The First Friday held on March 1st was centered around anime. The event features...

Finding the Flame: Final Fantasy XVI Review
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • April 22, 2024

Final Fantasy XVI Main Game Final Fantasy XVI (FFXVI) is a groundbreaking action Role Playing Game (RPG) developed by Creative Business 3 (CBU3)...

MHSNews | MHSNews Gaming Ep. 10: Androids and Angels
Myles Edgington and Elliott JorgensenApril 20, 2024

On this episode of MHSNews Gaming, we dive into what components make an enjoyable and memorable experience within a video game. Nier Automata...

GUTS World Tour Stops in St. Louis

Olivia+Rodrigo+preforms+bad+idea+right%3F+on+stage+with+her+backup+dancers+on+March+12.+
Media by Zoey Srote
Olivia Rodrigo preforms “bad idea right?” on stage with her backup dancers on March 12.

Kate Lorenz, sophomore, was 1 of more than 18,000 people to score a ticket to Olivia Rodrigo’s GUTS World Tour on Tuesday, March 12.

“It was pretty scary because I knew so many other people were trying to get tickets too,” Lorenz said. “The queue to get into Ticketmaster was super long.”

It was so special because you just feel like her best friend when she’s speaking into the microphone,

— Kate Lorenz

Lorenz, who has been a fan of Rodrigo since her role in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, was able to get tickets during the presale in September.

When Rodrigo was in St. Louis in April 2022, she performed at The Factory, where there were 3,000 seats. At the Enterprise Center this month, she played for a crowd more than six times the size, with 18,096 seats.

“It was so special because you just feel like her best friend when she’s speaking into the microphone,” Lorenz said. 

Olivia Rodrigo preforms “lacy” on stage with her backup dancers on March 12. (Media by Zoey Srote)

Lola Zurweller, sophomore, went to the concert and said the event went smoothly despite a main exit to the arena being closed for construction. 

The concert itself had a big impact for her as well, mainly because of Rodrigo’s lyrics. Rodrigo performed a wide range of songs, including “vampire”, “get him back!”, “the grudge”, and “drivers license”. She also played “Can’t Catch Me Now”, a song she wrote for The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes.

This one meant a lot to me because she was a teenager writing music about teenagers, I can relate to it.

— Lola Zurweller

“This one meant a lot to me because she was a teenager writing music about teenagers,” Zurweller said. “I can relate to it.”

Sabrina Long, senior, went to the concert with three of her friends. Long said she enjoyed being surrounded by people with whom she could sing every word of every song.

“I absolutely loved going to the concert with them, it was so much fun and I loved being with a few of my best friends,” Long said. “I was really looking forward to hearing some of my favorite songs live, too.”