A&E
MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters
MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • April 11, 2024

MTC Presents: She Kills Monsters. Shows are the 11th through the 14th.

MHSNews | Inside The Seams Ep. 3: Katelyn Morgenthaler
Lani Hines, Staff Reporter • April 10, 2024

From picking up a lacrosse stick for the first time her freshman year to committing as a D2 athlete her junior year, Katelyn Morgenthaler shares...

MHSNews | April Book Buzz: ‘The Woman They Could Not Silence’
Jack Favazza, Executive Producer • April 5, 2024

In the April Book Buzz, Nicole Scherder, Language Arts teacher, talks with Ray Holmes, librarian, about "The Woman They Could Not Silence" by...

MHSNews | DIY Jell-O Lipbalm
MHSNews | DIY Jell-O Lipbalm
Sophia Dominicis, Social Media Editor • April 3, 2024

Social Media Editor Sophia Dominicis gives a DIY tutorial over how to make Jell-O lip balm. For this recipe, you will need coconut oil ($6 on...

MHSNews | Lego Dune Ornithopter Review
MHSNews | Lego Dune Ornithopter Review
Elliott Jorgensen, Associate Producer • March 31, 2024

The Lego Dune Ornithopter set retails for $165 and has 8 minifigs and 1369 pieces.

I Want Watermelon: Mobile Game Gains Popularity

Media by Luke Graves
Carly Stremlau, Junior, plays I Want Watermelon during lunch on October 25th.

Rodrigo Rodriguez, sophomore, recently started playing a game titled “I Want Watermelon.”

“I saw lots of friends and other students playing it and it looked interesting, so I downloaded it,” Rodriguez said.

“I Want Watermelon” is a mobile game developed by Lazycell Inc. The game has found its way to MHS’ daily culture with many students playing.

The object of the game is to drop and merge various fruits. The bigger the fruit, the higher the score earned. If the stack of fruit reaches the top of the screen, the round is over.

Rodriguez said the popularity of the game is its time-killing nature.

“It’s a good game that can waste time if you don’t have anything to do,” Rodriguez said. “I play whenever I get free time during class.”

I saw lots of friends and other students playing it and it looked interesting, so I downloaded it,

— Rodrigo Rodriguez

The largest fruit achievable in the game is the watermelon, which is created by merging two coconuts. After the watermelon is created, it disappears and is added to a counter at the top of the screen.

Riley Bossi, junior, takes pride in her in-game accomplishments.

“I have gotten 10-20 watermelons,” Bossi said. “Watermelon is what you’re always aiming for, and I usually get one at least once a round.”

She said the game has gained popularity because earning the watermelon is an elusive goal.

“Almost all my friends have the game and have played it,” Bossi said. “I think it is so popular because you really want to get the watermelon since it’s so rare.”

Almost all my friends have the game and have played it.

— Riley Bossi

Henry Chen, junior, downloaded the game for the sake of competition with his friends.

“A lot of my friends and my girlfriend started playing it, so I had to get on too, to beat their score,” Chen said.

Chen said the game is played by so many because of its accessibility.

“It’s not hard to learn, and it’s fun to compare scores with other people,” Chen said.

View Comments (1)
$0
$625

About the Contributor
Luke Graves, Business Manager
Luke Graves, junior, is the business manager for the Marquette Messenger. This is his first semester on staff. His favorite subject is math and he is a big St. Louis Cardinals fan.
$0
$625

• Kate SmithDec 11, 2023 at 6:30 PM

I have been very frustrated by ‘stuck watermelon’. They are legit won but never counted and take up so much space on the playing board. Ugh!! Too many glitches in this game!!

Reply