Robert Cadigan

Media by Rockwood School District

Robert Cadigan

Q: What would you like students to know about you?

“I have over 40 years of leadership and management experience earned while in the military and in for-profit and non-profit organizations that I hope to use to help the Rockwood School District. I believe I can add value to the board in communications, policy direction, operations and financial oversight.”

Q: What are your goals for the BOE?

“I have 4 goals for the BOE:

1. I hope to help unify our community. Progress starts with leaders who are willing to listen and be respectful of all sides. 
  2. I will promote clear communications between the Board, the administration and our community.
  3. I’ll support our continued high academic achievement in Rockwood, that starts with a well-rounded curriculum free of partisan politics. Attracting and retaining superior educators who nurture positive classrooms will also fuel student growth and success. 
  4. And, with over 30 years of corporate budgetary experience, I am committed to conservative financial management of our tax dollars.”

Q: What policies will you advocate for?

“Equal opportunity for all students. That does not mean identical treatment.  We need to promote policies that address all our diverse students’ needs, regardless of their background.”

Q: How important are student voices in education?

“I believe the administration, teachers, parents, tax payers and students are all stakeholders in our educational process. Their voices should be heard, and I am glad to say students have spoken at every Board session I’ve attended.”

Q: How important are parent and teacher voices in education?

“Like many districts post-Covid, Rockwood has the opportunity to move forward by re-engaging parents and teachers to create an exceptional learning environment for our students. We need to ensure parents are engaged in what their children are doing in the classroom, in our curriculum content and in our overall direction for the district. Teachers are equally important as the principal employees for any district. Many schools are facing teacher staffing and retention challenges. We need to get in front of those challenges and ensure we maintain a high quality teaching staff in our schools. With parents and teachers, both engaged, supporting our students we can only improve on an already great reputation for Rockwood Schools and our graduates.”

Marquette Messenger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$0
$625