Choirs cruise to Mexico

During Spring Break of 2013, the Marquette Choirs will have the opportunity to go on a five-day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. The students will take a flight to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and board the ship on Thursday, March 21. While on the ship, choir members will have an opportunity to see professional performances and participate in other cruise activities, including an excursion in Mexico. All choir members will be able to attend the trip.

“I’m most excited about going to Mexico and hanging out with friends,” four-year choir member, Abby Claypool, senior, said. “This will be my first time out of the country.”

The choirs will also be participating in a competition on the ship where they will perform two to three pieces of music. Jason Winter, choir director, said the choirs will be performing a variety of music. However, Winter said he hasn’t picked out specific pieces of music yet.

The trip will cost about $1200 including airfare. When comparing the costs of different trips, a cruise had more musical opportunities, Winter said. Students will have a chance to fundraise in order to save up enough money for the trip. The fundraisers planned include selling flower bulbs, TJ’s pizza, and Christmas wreaths.

“I’ll probably do the wreaths,” Claypool said.

Many choir members are planning on taking advantage of the fundraisers in order to be able to participate in Choir Tour 2013.

“I’m very excited to take this trip with the students and to work with the choir members attending,” Winter said.

$0
$625

Rhea George
Rhea George, Business Manager
Rhea is a senior and this is her first year as a part of the Messenger staff. She participates in cross country, track, Model UN, and choir. She likes to play guitar. Her favorite food is sushi, and her favorite TV show is Law & Order. So far, her favorite thing about newspaper is writing stories and interviewing people. She's thinking about a major in international relations/economics, and then she wanted to go to law school.
$0
$625