Variety show displays student talents

This year’s variety show at MHS will take place on Friday, September 28 at 7:00 p.m. in the theater. The variety show is essentially a talent show but without the competition. The show is meant to have a variety of different types of acts that demonstrate student talent. This year most of the acts are centered on vocal and acoustic guitar. However, there are other unique acts like tap dancing.

Jason Winter, choir director, is the producer and sound tech for the variety show. In addition, Winter helps advise students on how to approach things on stage in front of an audience.

“The variety show gives me a chance to meet a lot of talented students that I didn’t know before,” Winter said.

Several students are in charge of advertising and working on stage for the show. Heather Dunn, senior, is the stage manager and will be in charge of the show and everything that happens on stage.

Other students are helping out by selling tickets and ushering for the show as well. These students also get points towards a varsity letter for choir by helping out. Theresa Strake, senior and choir member, is selling tickets on the stage during lunch shifts for the show.

“Last year I ushered during the show and got to watch all the acts,” Strake said, “This year I’m just going for fun.”

The show is sponsored by the choir department. In addition to primarily providing an opportunity for students to show talents, the show also funds the choir program.

$15
$625

About the Contributor
Rhea George
Rhea George, Business Manager
Rhea is a senior and this is her first year as a part of the Messenger staff. She participates in cross country, track, Model UN, and choir. She likes to play guitar. Her favorite food is sushi, and her favorite TV show is Law & Order. So far, her favorite thing about newspaper is writing stories and interviewing people. She's thinking about a major in international relations/economics, and then she wanted to go to law school.
$15
$625